FEAR.docx



Apat na taon ngayong araw mula noong una akong nakipag sapalaran sa ibayong dagat, sa Gitnang Silangan. Hindi ko lubos mabatid kung saan nanggagaling yung takot at kaba ko noon. I was never so far away from home. Yung dala kong pera was less than 10K lang and that was the only money in the universe left in me. Back then I was thinking for the worst that what if the papers given to me by the agency were not real? Paano kung ibang trabaho and datnan ko? Paano kung di ko pala kaya? Paano? Nakakatuliro. Nakakapag-pabagabag. Yung misconceptions ko about sa Middle East almost consumed me too and people would tell me to be really cautious and for whatever it's worth, magpatubo daw ako ng balbas doon. And embarrassingly enough, never pa ako nakasakay ng eroplano. Pero sa kabila ng lahat, I still ended up finishing the contract of two years and had an experience of a lifetime. 

Fear did not stop me from dreaming. Fear kiIls more dreams than failure ever will, so to speak. I just kept a tight grip on to what I needed to accomplish. Uncertainties and what-ifs shouldn't lock us up to our so-called comfort zones and neither it should stop us from growing and trying new things because after all, like what they say, we only regret things we didn't do than the ones we did. It shouldn't stop us from living outside that box to widen our perspectives and have real life experiences that are only bound to make us better as a human.

Comments

Popular Posts