For The Love of Westlife

And once again I'm thinking about what just happened on July 29, 2019. Westlife, whose songs had been stuck in my head ever since I was little boy, performed in front of me 20 years after! When they had their farewell concert in 2011, I was in my third year in college in my province, I knew from there that I will never ever see Westlife in person. So as soon as they announced they'll be having a reunion concert, I know Manila will definitely be included. And when they announced they will indeed come to Manila, I headed to the ticket store and have myself a VIP ticket. This is my first time attending a concert. And it's Westlife and they are everything.

Their songs are so nostalgic and never failed to take me to the memory lane of the bygone era. Everytime I listen, it's takes me back to the joy, the fun, and the seasons of the sun of the glorious 90s. It's so evocative. Lots of good childhood memories. My favorite song would be Uptown Girl, I Have a Dream, and Seasons in the Sun. 



The show started with their new hit "Hello My Love". Everyone was on their feet. I could still hear the screams and the jumping. One of the highlights of the show is their Queen Medley where they sang songs like Radio Gaga, We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions etc. And of course, their timeless hits such as Uptown Girl, My Love, If I Let You Go etc.


















The show ends leaving me and all the fans in the Big Dome wanting for more. My heart was in bliss but was with a bit of sadness because I might not see them again. Overall, it was a night to remember and told myself I'll always be a Westlife fan. To Shane, Nicky, Mark and Kian, thank you lads for the experience of a lifetime!

Comments

Popular Posts