3 Years Ago Today

Three years ago today nung una akong nakipag sapalaran sa ibayong bansa. Grabe yung fear ko back then. Yung kaba was inexplicable. The farthest place I had been to away from home in Albay back then was Pampanga. The longest time I was away from family before was 7 months. My pocket money was less than 10 thousand pesos. I don't even know how a visa works or if the papers given to me by the agency were real. And most interestingly, I had never boarded a plane before and would just look around, get myself acquainted to a seemingly unfamiliar situation, and do things as if it isn't my first time. Despite the uncertainties, I still ended up finishing the contract of 2 years and had the experience of a lifetime. 


See, fear should not stop us dreaming. Uncertainties shouldn't lock us up to our so-called comfort zones. It shouldn't stop us from living outside that box to widen our perspectives and have real life experiences that will teach us a thing or two. Look at how times had gone by! Where to next?
05/26/16

Comments

Popular Posts