Two Years Poem




Two years ago in a vast, arid land,

There were mountains of golden sand
From afar were thousands of palm tree, 
Behind maybe is an oasis of opportunity
Brave as the camel, my journey began.
And I started making,
Footprints in the desert sand.

Warm summer days remind me
Of my good old days under the sun
A sweet home is where I'd rather be
But something here needs to be done

On cold winter nights I trembled
My knees shook then my lips mumbled
But tell me, is there more trembling?
To find out you're alone sleeping?

Everyday I grew more despondent
Weak I have become, broken, bent
Countless times I wanted to give in
For my walls are gently caving in
Then I caught sandstorm in the middle
How could this life be a riddle?

Two years had passed so easily
Twenty four months vanished so quickly
Can't believe how I managed to survive
Breathing still and ought to be alive

Ninety six weeks in the blink of an eye
Seven hundred thirty days has now gone by
Every grain of sand had witnessed my story
How I laughed, I frowned, and felt so sorry.



PS: This is a poem I wrote when I turned two years in the UAE. 🇦🇪

Comments

Popular Posts