Twenty Two

      A poem I wrote few days before I turn 22 (again, it sort of obvious on the title). Same thing, its a random emotions of mine at that time.

In the middle of my journey
Down the meandering endless road
I stopped and asked,
Where am I right now?

Naive I was, I looked around
From things I've done to places I've been
From decisions I've made to my feats so far
What if I was on the wrong road after all?

How long will I endure
Things like manifold failure
Demeaning it was, I stumbled
I stood up back at least

Fueled by desire to succeed
How far will I go?
Chasing dreams is not easy
When dreams don't want to be chased

Man is judged by the power they have
And how much money they earn
What a terrible burden this must be
Is is shame to be not what people thought of me?

I envy the child everytime
Playing all day round
What immense happiness they're feeling
Insouciant of the life they're living

Before, only lullabies made me sleep
A bottle of milk is enough to console me
I was little, I never thought all of these
'twas twenty-two years ago

Comments

Popular Posts