Twenty Three

     A poem I wrote few days before I turn 23 (well it's sort of obvious on the title). Basically it's a random emotions of mine at that time.

Night it was in a restless jungle
Stars are outshined by street lamps sparkle
Trees are concrete of floors in towering height
Sidewalks were made vivid by the flashes of neon light
In my bed I lay down, my mind went calm
I uttered a prayer as I unite my two palm

Tough it was to live on my own
Days were filled with ineffable forlorn
Tears I shed once tear me asunder
Frightened I was like a child frights thunder
I almost bit the dust when I stumble
Then there was audacity in me to fix the rubble

Dreams I dreamed are light years away
As if I am the predator, it was my prey
Elusive it became, I must not fall into a trance
Vicious I should be to seize every chance
I’ll be weary and deadbeat for I am no great
But wrought as iron, I’ll never stagnate

A precipice in front of you, and wolves behind you
In your rear, that’s life, perilous and cruel
You can be a coward and you can be weak
But you will be dead, you will be sick
This I learned in twenty three yesteryears

Comments

Popular Posts