To Thee, My Friends

This is a poem I wrote for my group of friends.
TROPANG ANTATARS
T housand miles away we may be 
R 
adiant as the stars forever I'll see
O 
ld days of you and me
P 
lenty of merriment and glee
A 
nd neither will I forget
N 
or fill my heart with regret
G 
ood times we've been together

A 
t winter, spring, fall and summer
N 
estled in my heart is the day
T 
hat we first met and say Hey!
A 
t first our feelings our away
T 
hen alas! I have loved you I must say
A 
nd even if someday you'll be gone
R 
emember our days under the sun
S 
ubtle as the falling flakes of snow,
Reminisce how our friendship grow.

        Now, if you will be asking me where does the word "Antatars" came from. It came from our local dialect word "antataru" in Albay, Bicol which simply means a caterpillar. It's not the usual caterpillar that has a soft skin but this one has a rough and spiky skin. Why we name our group from it is history.

Antataru

Comments

Popular Posts