To The Blue Moon

       I wrote this poem days after a phenomenon called "Blue Moon". A blue moon is an additional full moon that appears in a subdivision of a year: either the third of four full moons in a season, or a second full moon in a month of the common calendar. It inspires me.

Oh moon, tonight we’re blue
In your cold, august aura my soul flew
Up above where stars are swarming
Hear this man’s modest yearning

Let the bygone be back again
That life so simple and plain
A child frolic in the pouring rain
A mother, must have been overjoyed,
Is blithely glancing from the window pane

Let the innocence filled the infant air
With smile so carefree and bare
Untainted with the world’s sullen misery
Far-flung from human’s wrath and fury

Where true happiness run out of stock
Like a needle, lost in haystack
Let me be enamoured everyday
Or forever, ‘til the whitest swan turns grey

Sooner or later, this all will be gone
Slowly it will vanish like the setting sun
Let my mad heart dance for a while
For love’s like a scented chamomile

There are so many wines to be partaken
So many songs to be sung again
So many thoughts left unspoken
Life’s still worth living then

Some nights I dreamed a dream
That life was different to what it seem
To the blue moon, this is what I ask for
To bring back the time again and once more

Comments

Popular Posts