Dreams do come true!

       It was an ordinary morning at work (Sept 27, 2016) here in Dubai , I was on my last break and after I have done eating my snack, I turned on my phone to check my Facebook account. "Jon you have memories today!", said Facebook, a feature that reminds you of your posts or activities in the past year/s. A year ago, I posted something about the dream that I had from sleeping. 

My Facebook post dated September 27, 2015
       This means my dream was on the night of September 26 last year. Fast forward to 8 months, May 26, 2016, I arrived here in Dubai, exactly 8 months after. My dream started happening in real life. Arriving at the Abu Dhabi International Airport, I was so excited to see the landmarks I was only seeing in pictures before. Then the bus picked us up and we headed to Dubai. I was so sleepy that time but I tried so hard not to fell asleep so I can see all those crazy structures. All of a sudden, my eyes started to recognize familiar  places. We passed by Dubai Marina, it's like Ortigas Center in Manila but the buildings here is twice or thrice higher. It's  too high that I almost kissed the bus window  just to take a photo of it. Then from afar, I saw Burj Al Arab, a sail-designed hotel built on a man-made island in the sea. Few minutes later, we passed by the tallest building on Earth, the Burj Khalifa. Then we passed by Sheikh Zayed Road and have seen hundreds of enormous buildings.

       Five days after, May 30, we still don't have schedule for training so me and my friends decided to go to Dubai Mall and to be up close to Burj Khalifa. At last, I had my dream  picture with the Burj at the back finally came true.

       After we received our first salary, I then told my friend to  go out and see the Burj Al Arab very close. And alas, what I had dreamed before finally came true. I was not able to go to the Palm Jumeirah but was able to saw if from the shore.

My dream finally came true!
       It's my fourth month here in Dubai and a lot of things had happened already. There are still so many places that I want  to go. It's amazing to think that all these things had happened first in my dream while sleeping a year ago.  Whether that dream is just a result of my fascination to Dubai or a sign that I am destined to be here and work here, I am just thankful that it happened in real life.

       So folks, keep dreaming!

Comments

Popular Posts