Road to 30's: Things I want to do before I turn 30



       Time really flies. Yesterday I was just a small thin boy in who looked so frail but not sickly but now I have grown to be a tall, working man who have become the breadwinner of the family. I am still thin by the way. I ask myself, how do I fare as a 26 year old man? At this age, I've only been to two countries. Worked and lived abroad for 2 years. But it feels like there's so many things left undone for me. Before I turn 30, I want to achieve most of these, if not all, to gratify myself, to live up my 20s to the fullest. The lists are random and in no particular order. I wrote this to remind myself that life is short and ephemeral.

1. Climb a mountain

2. Join and win a marathon


3. Attend a concert
       It was on July 29, 2019 when I attended my first ever concert. It was my fave childhood band Westlife. What a night it was! And I've got front row seat by the way.

4. Learn a sport

  Seriously I ain't got a sport! Okay, I handled a badminton racket, spike that volleyball, drove a bike, swam pools, but I'm a master of none. I want some thing that I will be good at.

5. Travel to some countries


6. Tour my parents to a foreign country

7. Swim with whale shark


8. Go to a gym

9. Be fluent in another language.
    Mid-2019 (27 years old) I've learned to speak Spanish. I have also used it in my job talking to native speakers. It's a thrilling experience to be able to connect to people instantly just by you speaking their native tounge. Mission accomplished for me.


10. Be a quite famous blogger/vlogger

11. Do skydiving over Palm Jumeirah


12. Wear braces.
       October 19, 2019 I got to finally wear braces. I'd like to make myself believe that I somehow needed it and my dentist indeed said yes. But half of me is saying wearing braces is a cute thing to do. 😂

13.Explore famous places of the Philippines.
September 29, 2019 - I went to Tagaytay with a close friend and finally saw the famous Taal Volcano. What a sight to behold.


14. See my two younger siblings graduate in college.
       On March 30, 2019, I marched with my little sister on her graduation in college. I feel so much of a good elder brother. I wish her success in the future. One down, one to go.

15. Be a seafarer.


16. Magka-lovelife.
       June 4 is the date when I had a relationship. It's sweet and fun. But it was short-lived. Sigh.

17. Donate blood.
November 27, 2019, I finally let go some of my blood. It hurts but it's something I can bear knowing that it'll flow a long way and will save a life or two.

18. Initiate an outreach program in an indigenous community.

19.Ride a ferris wheel or roller coaster
       August 31, 2019, me and my classmates in Spanish class went to Star City. At 27, I finally get to experience riding a roller coaster and ferris wheel for the first time. Yes first time! There really was a happy child in me inside a 27 year old body. 


20.Go to a comedy bar

21.Do scuba diving or swim with butanding.

22. Be a millionaire.

23. Play with the snow.

24. Be fat.

25. Learn an instrument.

26. Try ice skating
    My office friends who had never tried ice skating too came up with the idea today (Oct 13, 2019) to finally try it. My desire to glide is higher than my fear of tripping. Such an awesome experience!

I didn't make this list to put pressure on myself. These are the things I think a typical man in his 20s can achieve. And while I'm not there yet, in between, i will just live in the moment and savor every second of life.

Comments

Popular Posts