I Want to be a Pilot



      "When I grow up I want to be a pilot", said the 5 year old me during our kindergarten recognition day in 1999. I said it firm and adamant with no trace of doubts. That was my five year old self who  had no idea of what life is or what life may bring. Two decades later, I found myself in a job which is almost what I want when I was a kid. I got a job not to pilot a plane but to assist people get to their plane, conveniently. It's funny how life can be playful sometimes but anyhow, to be a pilot has long been not my dream anymore. Now, I don't really know what I want to be. I'm like a ship without a destination sailing through a vast ocean of uncertainty called life.

   What only matters now is that I'm surviving. It's the only choice left for me. Surviving each day means a day more to ponder on what will really make me happy and hoping that one day, I may be able to find my life's compass to show me direction.

   Now, if I could go back in time 20 years back, I will still utter the same words but not necessarily to drive a plane but to learn how to pilot my own life to contentment, to have a happier and more positive outlook in life and to be a better version of myself.

Comments

Popular Posts