Love Your Job



     So I had this conversation with a German passenger a while ago and here's how it went.

German: Kamusta ka? Mabuti?
Me: (smiled) Mabuti. Wie geht es ihnen?
German: (shooked) Gut! You speak German?!

And the conversation started.

Although there are days I felt so exasperated about this job, situation like this somehow uplifts my spirit and boosts my morale. The amount of knowledge you'll get working in an airport is endless. And the knowledge I earned for almost 2 years working in DXB is something I can keep forever. It's priceless.

To say the least, i've learned to say "good morning/afternoon/evening" or "thank you" in different languages. It's amazing to see how a simple "como estas?" can make passengers from Spain, Mexico, or Colombia smile. It's amazing to see how "obrigado/obrigada" can come a along way when saying thanks to Brazilian and Portuguese people. And its amazing how you can brighten up the morning of Italians when you say "buon giorno!".

My point is, it's not about what your job is, it's about how much passion you put into it, it's about how you go extra mile just to deliver your job rightfully and exceed from what is expected from you.

To all fellow MIHY/Hospitality Team, never feel that you've got a lowly job. Keep your head held high and remind yourself that "I am a May I Help You of Dubai Airport and without me, this airport will be a mess!" 😄

Then the German guy left and said "salamat" and I replied "bitte schon!" (you're welcome). 

Comments

Popular Posts