The Tale of an Airplane

       Me and my friend was having our last break from work and we headed towards the airport's food court overlooking the runway. While she was busy on food and me on my phone, an enormous Emirates plane was slowly moving in the runway. Then suddenly, some fond childhood memories started rushing in.
    
       When I was a kid, I remember how I would wave my hands up in the sky every time an airplane is passing by. I can clearly remember how I eagerly warn my younger siblings that a plane is fast approaching and yes, I can still remember how were all happily chanting "ba-bye! ba-bye!" until it disappears in the cloudy sky.


       Fast forward to 2016, I am now working in an airport where I see planes everyday. But not like before, I can no longer chant "ba-bye!". I can no longer tell my siblings that I saw one.

       Life was happy when I was young. I wish I could stay on that stage for good. But the sad thing is, growing is inevitable. Life, like what I always say, is ephemeral.

Comments

Popular Posts