Iontophoresis: The Best Cure to Hyperidrosis


       Let me first define what hyperidrosis is. It is simply excessive or profuse sweating on palms, feet, and other parts of the body. But today, we will focus only on the palmar (palm) and plantar (feet) hyperidrosis. According to "sweathelp.org", at least 3% of the global population suffers from excessive sweating, also known medically as hyperhidrosis. How many people is 3%? It's 220,470,000! That's right: at least 220 MILLION people are just like you. They may be sweating on different body areas for different reasons. But they are all dealing with excessive sweating and so are we. For all those suffering from this, you are not alone. I'm with you. Yes, I myself have both palmar and plantar hyperidrosis and I know exactly how it affects your almost daily life. It's embarassing that you can't shake hands with someone whom your friend or colleague introduced you to for example. It's embarassing when you can't "high-five" with someone when expressing joy or excitement. Everything is embarrasing. It made me more embarrassed when I could not even find a cure. I tried almost every possible remedy but none of them works for me. To tell you what, I even pee on my feet and hands every morning because that's what my parents told me. I have also tried to use Driclor for few months but I don't think it worked for me. It's like a roll-on deodorant that you will apply on your palms before you sleep. None  seems to work for me not until I discovered a new technology. A technology I didn't know we had in home since I was young!

      The technology was Iontophoresis. It is a technique of introducing ionic medicinal compounds into the body through the skin by applying a local electric current. At first I thought its a scary thing letting electric current pass through your palms but it is really not that hurtful than what I expected. I have never felt my hand so dry my entire life even when its 12:00 noon when the sun is at its hottest. Iontophoresis is an answered prayer for me. If it works for me then it will definitely work for you too.
Iontophoresis Device
         The photo above is the Iontophoresis device. Now to help you more on how to do it and where to get it. Please see the tutorial below.



Basically what you need are:
1. Battery
2. Aluminum plates
3. Alligator clip
4. Warm water

It requires a lot of patience but you will be surprised by  the results!

Comments

Popular Posts